Saturday, February 13, 2010

On sheet folding

Pete Seeger or perhaps the 5 Man Electrical Band could write a song on this episode.

Okay...so like he was on the sofa, watching golf for about an hour.
Next to him was a freshly washed and dried set of flannel sheets I had tossed there earlier. Yes, I should have folded them, but I am not writing this to complain about me.
Upon my request to have him fold the items, my ears were assaulted with verbal protestations. He begrudgingly and non-violently picked up the pillow cases and "folded" those and his body language screamed that-was-the-end-of-that. I told him "It is not all a washcloth and pillow case world."
He then folded the flat sheet and "could not" fold the fitted one. I took pity and completed this obviously abhorrent chore. Funny, I never realized (in 36 years of laundering sheets at least once a week)under what horrible conditions I was being forced to toil.
All this while I had naively continued this task, not knowing how oppressed I was!
In any case...this is how I found the sheet.
When I said "Oh, yeah. This is blog-worthy." He laughed and headed to the gym. About 5 minutes later the phone rang. He said "What do you mean 'blog worthy'?" Then it was my turn to laugh.
I carefully unfolded them one time, so as to give the full impact of his feckless attempt.


2 Comments:

At February 13, 2010 at 3:18 PM , Blogger The House of Sprout said...

We knew he couldn't fold fitted sheets - where have you been?

 
At February 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM , Blogger The Martin Family said...

J asked what's that Chimmy?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home