Friday, May 22, 2009

About the pics and a warning

The hotel was built in 1902-lots of warmth and furnishings. Dishes are the Pocono Manor's own pattern. How cool is that?
The pic of the undiscernible sunrise (about 5:30AM) is the Pocono trees from our corner room. It had windows on 2 sides to look at the mountains-nice.
Oh, yeah...that is me and Mr. S on those horses. I am on Casey, a Belgian quarterhorse and Mr. S is on a thoroughbred Clydesdale named Emmy.
The man with the guitar is Mick-owner of the stables. He was a-strummin' when we got there. Added to the experience our first horsie rides. I regret not takin a pic of our terrific trail guide-Denise.
The Buskill Falls pics are from the big trail, the one that goes through the forest.
Let me post a warning--that particular trail is not for the faint of heart, toddlers, or the very obese. I totally enjoyed every step.
There are strangers in some of the pics, they just could not see their way clear of moving out of camera range. How rude.
The one of me on the bridge is the main falls. I jumped up and down when I saw it.
We were quite safe at the Pocono Manor, as the Knights Templar were there with us. Protectors of the Catholic Church secrets and all. Very spiffy outfits. If you like to see a man in uniform (I do), these guys are the best. Swords, plumes on their hats and nice looking medals. I wanted to say "ni" to them, but I started to imagine they could unscabbard a blade upon my head.
This was my best vaca ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home